Are you making plans to take a trip with your family for summer vacation? Does traveling make you worry a bit more about the possibility of identity theft? When I travel I don’t normally carry a lot of cash with me and I don’t use Travelers’ Checks so my credit card seems to get a workout when I am traveling.
I know that when I am away from home and using my credit card more often I tend to worry about how much of my information is being stored and who has access to it. Not only do I use my credit card for the normal travel expenses such as food and souvenirs but I use it for airplane tickets, to book my hotel room, rent a car and pay for parking.
Last year while I was staying at a hotel there was a problem with their computer system and the front desk person had to call the reservations desk. She read my credit card number rather loudly over the phone. Needless to say I cringed a bit worried that someone else nearby would be jotting down my credit card information.
It’s these cringe worthy moments that I no longer have to worry about because I know that LifeLock is proactively protecting my identity.
LifeLock is Proactive
LifeLock offers proactive identity theft protection and credit monitoring for you while you are away form home enjoying your summer vacation with your family or on a business trip.
LifeLock Ultimate has a five step approach to when it comes to protecting your identity.
Here’s how it works:
1. Monitor – LifeLock goes beyond just credit monitoring and they monitor public records and court records. They also track known alternate names, in addition to the name you currently use and deliver the information an easy to read report.
2. Scan – LifeLock scans for new credit and non-credit applications and address changes. They also search known criminal websites for illegal selling of your personal information.
3. Respond – LifeLock will respond by e-mail, phone or text message if they detect that your personal information may have been used.
4. Trust – LifeLock will spend up to $1 million to hire experts, lawyers, investigators, consultants and whatever else it takes to help your recovery.
5. Track – LifeLock will monitor all three major credit bureaus daily and notify you of any changes in your credit report. With LifeLock’s secure member portal you can get unlimited online access to your credit information, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Lifelock can offer you peace of mind while traveling knowing that they are proactively protecting your identity.
Since you are a loyal reader of my blog you can get 10% off LifeLock services by using promo code “LifeLockSafety”
Visit the LifeLock site to learn more about how LifeLock’s suite of products can help protect you from identity theft while traveling.
— Dawn Cullo (@DawnCullo) July 18, 2014
LifeLock book Giveaway
You can win LifeLock’s new book “Stolen Identity: What Anyone with a Name, Birthdate and Social Security Number Needs to Know Now.”
Identity theft is one of the most widespread and fast-evolving crimes, but many people don’t realize that it goes far beyond having a credit card number stolen. It can jeopardize your healthcare, block you from receiving the tax refund you’re due, interfere with a job or loan, and even run up debt for your children or elderly parents.
Learn more about the alarming ways identity in which thieves operate today and what you can do to reduce your chances of having your identity stolen.
Disclosure: I was asked to provide a story about traveling with peach of mind during the summer while using LifeLock to help protect my families identity. I was given a LifeLock service but all opinions, experiences and thoughts are my own.