There is a lot to love with the Toyota Highlander Hybrid, if I had a TV show I’d need at least an hour to tell you all of the great features of this amazing vehicle.
From the moment I sat in the driver’s seat of the Toyota Highlander Hybrid I knew there was something special about being behind the wheel of a Toyota. This was my first time inside of a Toyota and I was already in love even before I started to drive it around town.
At first glance, it looks like any other cross-over SUV, but don’t let that exterior fool you. This car is special and really sets itself apart from other models in this class.
The 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid boasts a roomy and comfortable interior for all passengers and offers a third row that makes seating for 8 possible in a cross-over SUV.
Not only is the Toyota Highlander Hybrid a comfortable ride for everyone but the driver has a multitude of controls at their fingertips to help make the journey even smoother.
The space in the front seat is very generous, plenty of room for the driver and passenger to feel like they both have their own space and wont be rubbing elbows with each other while on a road trip.
I was really impressed that my 32 oz Hydroflask fit into the cup holder, and even two will fit if you take out the cup holder insert.
The Etune system offered a wealth of information. I was able to easily get directions, tune into my favorite radio stations, play music from my phone, make hands-free phone calls and utilize Siri Eyes Free with my iPhone to read and and send text messages. The large and clear 8-inch touch screen was very responsive to my touch and easy to navigate.
In addition to having Navigation on the Entune™ Premium system, you also have access to current Traffic and Weather conditions and a whole host of apps. You can read more about the Entune system on Toyota’s website.
You can event geek out on the Hybrid details, which I obsessed over because I was getting amazing gas mileage.
We took a trip from Sacramento to San Francisco and I enjoyed amazing gas mileage, generous cargo space and a comfortable ride for everyone.
The kids enjoyed watching movies on the Rear-Seat BluRay DVD Entertainment System, which boasts a 9-inch Display and comes with a remote and Two Wireless Headphones.
You can even route the sound from the movie through the entire car, which I loved because I was driving and I still wanted to hear the movie.
- Flip-up rear hatch window
- Panoramic moonroof with power sunshade and jam protection
- Privacy glass on rear side, quarter and liftgate windows
- Projector-beam halogen smoked-chrome-accent headlights with auto on/off feature
- Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with turn signal lights and blind spot warning indicators,and folding features
- Color-keyed rear spoiler with LED center high-mount stop light
- Three-zone automatic climate control with air filter, separate second-row control panel, individual temperature settings for driver, front passenger and rear-seat passengers, and second- and third-row vents
- Integrated backup camera54 with projected path
- Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite
- 4.2-in. color LCD Multi-Information Display in meter cluster with odometer, current/average fuel economy, cruising range, average speed
- Leather-trimmed front- and second-row seats; heated front seats; 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat including power thigh support and lumbar support; 4-way power-adjustable front passenger seat; 60/40 split, sliding and reclining fold-flat second-row seats
- Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)— Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD), Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA), Automatic High Beams (AHB)and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- Front and rear energy-absorbing crumple zones and side-impact door beams
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)44 and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Downhill Assist Control
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) includes lower anchors and tethers on outboard second-row seats and tether anchor on middle of second- and third-row seats
- Driver and front passenger Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL) seats
- Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags, driver knee airbag, front passenger seat-cushion airbag and all-row Roll-sensing Side Curtain Airbags (RSCA)
I really loved the time I spent with the 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, I had never driven a Toyota before and I was impressed. If you are looking for a roomy, well built cross-0ver SUV then I highly recommend taking the 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid for a test drive, you wont be disappointed.
As always my kids and I loved reviewing the vehicle, thank you to Drive Shop for the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a Toyota.
Disclosure: I was provided the opportunity to test drive the 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid through DriveShop for one week, no compensation was provided and all opinions are my own.