The Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring is a subcompact vehicle that is perfect for anyone and would make a great first car for a teenager.
When I see a small car, I think that it may not have all of the bells and whistles that larger vehicles have because there isn’t enough room. But I was wrong! Mazda has used every square inch possible to make sure this vehicle has it all including heated seats and steering wheel, enough room for 5 passengers, and a 7″ color touch-screen display.
Here are the Mazda Cx-3 features I loved:
Active Display Driving
This feature was nothing like I have ever experienced before and I loved it. There is a small display placed just above the steering wheel with driving information such as speed, stop signs and navigation instructions.
All of the Little Details
I can’t believe all of the features packed into this subcompact vehicle. It’s the little details that Mazda put into this vehicle that sets it apart from others in its class. Details such as leather trim seats, leather wrapped steering wheel, heated seats, heated steering wheel, 6-way drivers seat.
Bose 7-Speaker Audio System with Mazda Connect Infotainment System
The Mazda Connect Infotainment system was a breeze to operate. You can access all of the features of the system using the Commander Control Knob. The placement of the knob puts all of the media controls in the Mazda Connect system at your fingertips.
With this system I am not reaching to the touch-screen and taking my eyes off the road to select a feature from the Mazda Connect system.
Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
This is a feature that I think should come standard on all cars. A vehicle with Rear Cross Traffic Alert is helpful in a parking lot because sometimes you can’t always see when another vehicle is approaching from the side.
Here are some of the other features of the Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring, visit the Mazda website for more details.
- Power sliding-glass moonroof with one-touch-open feature and interior sunshade
- Push button start
- Cruise control with steering wheel mounted controls
- Steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters
- Front and rear door bottle holders/storage
- 5-passenger seating capacity
- 60/40 split fold-down rear seats
- Heated front seats (3 levels)
- Steering-wheel-mounted audio, cruise and phone controls
- 7″ full-color touch screen display
- Bluetooth hands free phone & audio
- Bose® 7-speaker audio system
- Mazda Navigation System
- Active Driving Display
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- LED headlights with auto leveling
- LED fog lights
- Rain-sensing variable-intermittent windshield wipers
- Advanced front air bags with seat belt-use, passenger-weight sensors
- Front seat-mounted side-impact air bags and side-impact air curtains with rollover protection
- Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring7 with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Engine immobilizer anti-theft system
Disclosure: I was provided the opportunity to test drive the 2018 Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring through DriveShop for one week, no compensation was provided and all opinions are my own.