I am sure you’ve heard a lot about Star Wars: The Force Awakens already so let’s jump in to my list of 7 spoiler free things you need to know.
1. BB-8 is awesome. I am pretty sure that by the trailers you can figure that one out. But if you are thinking of getting any BB-8 merchandise, don’t wait because after Friday his merchandise is going to fly off the shelves. J.J. Abrams created BB-8 and he just might be the coolest droid ever.
2. It’s a movie for everyone. Star Wars: The Force Awakens appeals to all ages and genders. Girls especially are going to enjoy this movie. #GirlPower
3. Easter Eggs. I watched the TV show Lost and I believe I saw a few nods to the show. I am not going to tell you what they are or when you can find them…..but if you are a “Lostie” I think you will know them when you see them.
4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a gift. The new generation of Star Wars fans have received the greatest gift ever, they get to enjoy this sweeping saga at a young age and grow up with this story. Existing Star Wars nerds will feel like they’ve been transported back to their childhood for an awesome ride. This movie is everything I wanted it to be and then some. Merry Christmas Star Wars fans.
5. The franchise is back on track. J.J. Abrams has set the Star Wars franchise back to where it should be. Episode VII feels like it is part of the original trilogy, it doesn’t feel out-of-place at all. Knowing that J.J. saw Star Wars when he was 11, I can totally see how seeing that film in the theatre at a young age has influenced this film. There is minimal CGI used in this film, sets were constructed and puppeteers were used to move many of the characters on set.
6. It will leave you wanting more. While this may sound like a bad thing to say, it’s not. Once the movie ended I wanted to know more about what happened over the past 30 years. Some of the questions are answered, but not everything. Wanting more is a good thing because there is still more story to be told.
John Boyega (Finn) and Daisy Ridley (Rey) bring a welcomed freshness to the franchise. Together, they help the franchise move forward while interacting with the characters we already know and love. I am glad that both of these actors are relatively unknown in the industry, for Daisy this is her first movie. Having these fresh-faced actors playing new characters in the Star Wars universe makes the story even more entertaining because I feel like it makes the story even more believable. It is these actors that also leave me wanting more!
7. Star Wars Nerds not needed. You don’t have to be a Star Wars nerd or have seen all six movies to enjoy this one. It can stand on its own as a great story between good vs. evil. Everyone pretty much knows who the key players are in the original movies and even if you don’t know the full stories of Luke, Leia, Han Solo and Chewbacca you will still be able to enjoy this ride.
I truly enjoyed Star Wars: The Force Awakens and I can’t wait to see everything else that is coming in the future.
Read more about Star Wars: The Force Awakens on my blog:
- Secret “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” Press Event
- Harrison Ford Talks About Stepping Back Into Han Solo’s Boots
- Exclusive Interview with Rising Star Daisy Ridley (Rey)
- Exclusive Interview with John Boyega (Finn)
- Kathleen Kennedy is More than Just a Mom
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer
Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk are producing with Tommy Harper and Jason McGatlin serving as executive producers. The screenplay is by Lawrence Kasdan & J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt.
The film opens December 18, 2015!!!
Visit the official STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS website.