I hosted a fun Fit Made Fun party on September 6th to inspire kids to get up and active. I was provided with supplies for the party by LeapFrog and CLIF but all opinions here are my own.
60 Minutes of Motion
60 Minutes of Motion is an active and fun way for busy families to incorporate physical activity into their daily routine.
I printed out the CLIF Kid 60 Minutes of Motion cards found here (after 9/15) www.clifkid.com and we hosted a Fit Made Fun Party. My 9-year old daughter was excited to lead the exercise activities with the kids.
The deck is a combination of 25 motion, activity, adventure and game cards. It makes it easy for families to mix and match ideas for outdoor and indoor movement, play and adventure.
The 60 Minutes of Motion deck includes:
- 10 Motion Cards: one minute bursts of motion that have a specific movement, like star jumps, crab walks or planks.
- 5 Activity Cards: sustained 10 minutes activities that kids can do solo or with friends and family.
- 5 Adventure Cards: wild cards with inspiring words and phrases that prompt kids to choose their own imagination-filled adventure.
- 2 Game Cards: motion-filled games for hours of family fun and play.
- 1 Snack and 1 Hydration Card: tips on how to nourish yourself before, during and after outdoor play.
She picked out several exercises for the kids to complete and they loved doing them.
LeapBand by LeapFrog
Once the 60 Minutes of Motion had ended the kids (and moms) took turns checking out the new LeapBand by LeapFrog.
The setup of the LeapBand is easy to do as well and picking a virtual pet is fun.
The new LeapBand is an activity tracker for kids ages 4- that encourages active play with customizable pet pals.
In addition to playing with the pets on the LeapBand you can also download the Petathlon app on your phone for even more fun.
The LeapBand is great for kids between 4-7 and is really cute too. I love all of the different types of activities the kids can do.
They can do challenges with their virtual pet such as rowing a boat, hoping on one foot and doing the chicken dance.
The LeapBand can also be synched to your existing LeapFrog account. From there you can set up the times of the day you want the LeapBand to be active. If you block out certain times that you don’t want your kiddo playing with the LeapBand then it acts as a watch with a Monkey on it.
Highlights from the Party
CLIF Kid ZBAR Protein
After the 60 Minutes of Motion ended the kids enjoyed new CLIF Kid ZBAR Protein bars.
The new bars are a kid-sized whole grain protein snack and contain:
- 5g of Protein
- 3g Fiber
- Made with Organic Whole Grains
- No high fructose corn syrup, synthetic preservatives or artificial flavors
Available in 3 flavors: Chocolate Chip, Mint Chip and Chocolate and Peanut Butter. The kids really liked the Mint Chip flavor. I took a few bites and thought it was really good as well.
Disclosure: I was provided free products in order to host the LeapFrog and CLIF sponsored MommyParty. The opinions expressed here are my own.