Confession time, I am a TV junkie. I have so many shows recorded on my DVR and I am embarrassed to tell you how much free space I have left. It is REALLY hard for me to watch many shows when they air. I do however, make every effort to watch Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder live because I can’t stay off of Twitter and I am bound to see a spoiler. 😉
I love this time of the year because there are so many new TV shows ready to kick off the Fall TV season. The usual story ideas always make an appearance each year, new medical dramas, new police or investigator type shows and new comedies. Many of these new shows wont make it, but some will become hits.
New TV Shows I am excited for.
- Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris (NBC)
NPH + 1 hour live show where anything can happen….I’m in.
- The muppets (ABC)
When I was on the press tour for Muppets Most Wanted I was thinking how awesome it would be to have The Muppets back on TV. Looks like I am not the only one who thinks this is a good idea. The show wont be like you remember when you were a kid but it will be a documentary-style show. We have already heard the sad news that Kermit and Miss Piggy have broken up and that storyline could play a big part on the show. I am excited to watch this show and I think it will be a hit, the promos alone are hilarious.
- The Catch (ABC)
This thriller centers on the strong, successful Alice Martin (Mireille Enos). She’s a fraud investigator who’s about to be the victim of fraud by her fiancé. Between her cases, she is determined to find him before it ruins her career. Shonda Rhimes & Betsy Beers are the Executive Producers so this show should kick ass. I have not seen a premier date for this show, so it could be a possible mid season replacement for when the current Shonda Rhimes shows take a break.
- Grandfathered (FOX)
John Stamos is in a new TV show….you can stop reading here if I haven’t convinced you to watch it. I’ve seen a lot of press for this show already so it sounds like FOX is invested in the show. The premise is that Jimmy played by John Stamos is a bachelor and successful restaurateur. His life is turned upside down when his adult son, which he didn’t know about, shows up in his life and reveals that not only is Jimmy (Stamos) a Dad, but he is also a Grandfather to an adorable baby girl name Edie (played by twins Layla & Emelia Golfieri). One of the Executive Producers is Dan Fogelman of “Galavant” and “The Neighbors” fame so it’s sure to be a hit. Check out Grandfathered on Instagram, their feed is great.
- Blood & Oil (ABC)
I was first drawn to this show because of Chase Crawford and Don Johnson – yes please! I think of this show like Dallas meets Nashville. ABC is really good a these family drama shows so I am setting the DVR for this one. Billy and Cody Lefever dream of a new life and move to “The Bakken” in North Dakota, booming after the biggest oil discovery in American history. They’re soon pitted against a ruthless tycoon who forces them to put everything on the line, including their marriage. Ok I’ll watch. Just not sure how much of a chance ABC is going to give this one as it looks like it is going to take a few episodes before the story really takes off.
- The Player (NBC)
Wesley Snipes is in a TV show, I repeat Wesley Snipes is in a TV show. This is an action-packed Las Vegas-set thriller staring Wesley Snipes 😉 as the pit boss and Charity Wakefield as the dealer for a high-stakes game, where an organization of wealthy individuals gamble on the ability of former military operative turned security expert to stop some of the biggest crimes imaginable from playing out. I am going to give this one a try because of Wesley Snipes.
- Scream Queens (FOX)
Scream Queens is a horror-comedy series from the mind of Ryan Murphy and stars Emma Roberts and Jamie Lee Curtis. Yes Jamie Lee Curtis!! The show is part comedy, part slasher flick and a modern take on the classic whodunit, in which every character has a motive for murder…or could easily be the next victim.
These are the show that I am on the fence about.
I will set the DVR for the first few episodes and see if they are worthy of taking up a spot on my TV for the season.
- Heroes Reborn (NBC) – I was a huge Heroes fan when it was on many years ago, but not sure if I can get behind this new version. I am willing to give it a try.
- Life in Pieces (CBS) – a multi-generational show….probably going to be like Parenthood
- Limitless (CBS) – Bradley Cooper is in the promo, is he in the show for more than a nano second? If so then I am willing to watch it more.
- Dr. Ken (ABC) – New comedy staring Ken Jeong, Albert Tsai (love him from Trophy Wife) and Dave Foley. I am going to give it a chance, fingers crossed that ABC gives it a chance before pulling it.
- Shades of Blue (NBC) – Jennifer Lopez is on a TV show…not sure why but I love her so it’s worth a look.
- Supergirl (CBS) – It’s what you think and stars Melissa Benoist (Marly from Glee) Calista Flockhart
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (The CW) it could be funny or a train wreck, willing to give it a chance.
- Truth Be Told (NBC) stars Mark-Paul Gosselaar….after his story arc on CSI where he played a crazy killer person I am not sure I can see him again as the Zack I used to know. 😉 but I am willing to give it a chance. However, this show could easily be one of the first shows cancelled this season. It has already gone though a name change and was previously called People are Talking
There are a bunch of new shows for the Fall TV season, what have I missed, what else should I put on my list? Comment below, I’d love to hear what you are looking forward to watching.