Everyone knows me for loving Disney and if they are headed to Disneyland the usually ask me a few vacation planning questions. I LOVE to help people plan out their vacations. I like doing it because it is fun to hear about their magical vacation when they return or see them posting on Facebook during their trip.
I started my Disneyland vacations at age 3 and can’t even count how many times I’ve been there in the past four decades.
My #DisneySide takes up more than half of my personality.
Most people who don’t know me would think that it takes up ALL of my personality! But I do have other interests besides Disney and I think that helps keep myself balanced. I did work at the Disney Store (1995-1999) and that was probably when my #DisneySide was in over-drive. Being surrounded by Disney music, videos, merchandise and other people who love Disney was awesome. I used my cast member discount a lot during those days.
Let’s break it down:
- #DisneySide – 55% – Wow, that is a lot – I will break this down later in the post.
- Social Media – 12% – I am on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine (@DawnCullo) and LinkedIn. I have two accounts for Twitter and Pinterest as well as a Fan Page for I Am a Disney Nerd.
- Nascar – 10% – Yup, you read that right, I like Nascar. I’ve been a fan since 2004. Dale Earnhardt, Jr is my Nascar boyfriend. I’ve been to the track in Sonoma, CA and Las Vegas, NV. My Nascar dream is to go to a race in Daytona.
- 80’s Pop Culture – 6% -I grew up in the 80’s and I LOVE everything about the 80’s. I am currently watching The Carrie Diaries and The Goldbergs.
- Shopping – 5% -Do I need to explain this one?
- Art History – 3% – I love art history, I took some classes in college and loved it all. First classes I got an A+ in. =) I would love to travel to Europe and see all of the monuments there.
- Photography -3% – I am a shutterbug and my iPhone is usually filled to capacity with pictures of my girls. I also shoot with a Nikon D300 and a Sony Cybershot DSC-HX200V (you can shoot video and pictures at the same time)
- Reading – 3% – I love reading so much and there are so many Disney books to choose from. One of my favorites was Marty Sklar’s Dream It! Do It! My Half-Century Creating Disney’s Magic Kingdoms
- Running – 2%– I’ve been trying to finish the Couch to 5K program for many years!! But this year is different because I am making it a priority. I really want to be part of a runDisney Race.
- Video Games – 1% – I grew up with an Atari 2600 and when the Nintendo Entertainment System came out I played Zelda, Super Mario Brothers I’ve never stopped! I don’t play it as much as I would like these days but it is still part of my life because I play the games with my girls.
Now that you can see that my #DisneySide makes up 55% of my personality, here is what makes up my #DisneySide.
- Disney History – 30% – I am REALLY into Disney History and this covers everything from Walt Disney, Mickey, the parks and movies.
- Mickey Mouse – 15% – He is my favorite character. I feel as though he is our connection to Walt. While going to Disneyland is also a connection we can have with Walt we can’t make it there everyday. Having Mickey Mouse goodies in my house, or car or wherever is a nice reminder that it all started with a mouse.
- Disney Villains – 15% – Yeah, I love those Villains and Maleficent is my favorite. Our princesses would have nothing to triumph over if it wasn’t for those pesky villains.
- Disneyland – 10% – I love the Happiest Place on Earth, I have an Annual Pass and I go as much as I can.
- Walt Disney World – 10% – Sadly I’ve only been to the Most Magical Place on Earth just once but I am looking to change that. I live in California so that plan ride can get pretty pricey for a family of four. I am saving up my Disney dollars and using the Disney Vacation Account to take my family there this year.
- Nightmare Before Christmas – 5% – I love Jack and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas and the movie is so wonderful. I also love how the Haunted Mansion is transformed during Halloween with the Halloween Town overlay.
- Beauty and the Beast – 5% – My favorite Disney movie of all time. I am Belle, I want adventure in the great wide open and I like to read. =)
- Frozen – 5%– No movie took my breath away (since Beauty and the Beast) the way Frozen did. I have two little girls and they are in love with Anna and Elsa which makes me love the movie even more.
- Star Wars – 5% – So happy that this can be part of my #DisneySide as I am a child of the 80’s and I grew up with Star Wars. I was the only girl on my block and all of the boys my age wanted Star Wars toys for Christmas and so did I. Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back and are my favorite movies in the series.
How much #DisneySide does your personality consist of? More than me? Less than me?
This article was originally published in 2014 but I thought many of my new readers would enjoy it.