Disneyland magic was found in Sacramento, CA at the Disney Junior Chef event held at the California State Capitol. Disney was in my hometown to promote the upcoming Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival that runs from March 10-April 16, 2017.
The event included appearances by Disney Ambassador Alexa and Disneyland Chefs.
Kids were paired up with Disneyland Chefs to make Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. The kids were also surprised with a special visit from Chef Goofy.
Aren’t these the cutest measuring spoons you’ve ever seen? I MUST have them, do you want them too? Good news, they are available at the Disney Store.
I had a great time covering this event, thank you Disney for the invite. It’s always fun to have Disney magic in my hometown.
About the Disney California Food and Wine Festival
“This year’s Food & Wine Festival is going to be better than ever, with experiences for guests of all ages,” said Gary Maggetti, general manager, Disney California Adventure Park West. “We’ll have more than a dozen marketplaces open every day, and you can enjoy an entire menu of daily culinary demonstrations and tastings, plus beer, wine and spirits seminars. There will be music everywhere, delicious food, and fun crafts created especially for our younger guests. We have something for the entire family.”
The event features dozens of Festival Marketplaces offering California-inspired small plates, wines and beers. The kiosks will be located between Hollywood Land and the Golden Zephyr.
Festival Marketplace Offerings
- Nuts About Cheese – Discover wine’s best friends.
- Uncork California – Wine in flights and by the glass.
- I Heart Artichokes – The thistle prepared 3 ways.
- Garlic Kissed – Savory heat and an ice cream treat.
- California Craft Brews – The best from local breweries.
- Olive Us – Get a side of soup with your martini.
- Bacon Twist – Because bacon is always on your mind.
- Lemon Grove – Citrusy refreshment in every offering.
- Seafood…Sustained – A better way to fresh flavor.
- The Onion Lair – Kicky dishes and cool beverages.
- Off the Cob – The essence of summer’s sweetness.
- Sweet & Sourdough – The classic California staff of life.
- LA Style – Favorite southland food truck flavors.
- Wineology – Taste wine and sangria by the glass.
- The Brewhouse – Craft beers and beer cocktails.
Junior Chef Experiences
Kids aged 3-11 can participate in this FREE event with Chef Goofy where they will make a sweet treat and go home with a baked goodie. The Junior Chef kitchen is open several times a day at Paradise Park, near the Golden Zephyr.
Multiple presentations will be held each Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the festival. Guest presenters will share their expertise during 20- to 30-minute appearances on how to grow your own vegetables. Guests will also get the opportunity to watch artists paint, draw or sculpt right before their eyes.
Celebrity chefs scheduled to appear during the Festival include Guy Fieri, Robert Irvine, Cat Cora, Duff Goldman, Emily Ellyn and Keegan Gerhard.
From March 10 to April 1, guests may make reservations for Signature and other ticketed events at Disneyland.com/foodandwine. Reservations for events later in the month of April can be made beginning 60 days prior to the date of the individual event.
These events require a separate ticket:
- In the Kitchen With… Each Celebrity Chef will lead a 60-minute culinary demonstration and Q&A followed by an autograph session. The experience includes a tasting of some of the prepared dishes. Ticket price is $99.00 per person, plus tax and gratuities for servers.
- Sweet Sundays – A 90-minute culinary demonstration focuses on the sweet side of the culinary arts. Following a light breakfast and a sparkling toast, the Guest Chef for that day will demonstrate up to three recipes. Guests will enjoy samples from the chefs. Ticket price is $79.00 per person, plus tax and gratuities for servers
- Winemaker Dinners and Brewmaster Dinners – A four-course dinner features wines and winemakers or beers and brewmasters. Wine or beer selections will be paired with courses created by the Disney Executive Chef Team and each winemaker or brewmaster will speak on the libation and the pairing. Ticket price is $150.00 per person, plus tax and gratuities for servers
- Wine Education & Beer Education Tasting Seminars – Beverage seminars presented by industry experts will enlighten guests who want to learn more about their favorite spirits. Each 30- to 45-minute seminar will focus on a specific beverage type, region or label, and guests will enjoy tasting samples of some of the beverages discussed. Ticket price is between $15.00 Monday – Thursday and $20.00 Friday – Sunday.
- Culinary Demonstrations – Guests will enjoy 30-minute culinary demonstrations presented by local, visiting and Disney chefs. Each demo will focus on a single recipe, ingredient or cooking style. Guests will receive a tasting sample of the dish prepared. Ticket price is between $10.00 Monday – Thursday and $15.00 Friday – Sunday.
Food and Wine Festival Merchandise
Don’t forget to pick up the 2017 Food and Wine Festival merchandise. Kiosks will be located throughout Disney California Adventure Park and specifically at the Studio Store and Stage 17/Festival Gifts and on merchandise carts located next to Wine Country Trattoria; and Seaside Souvenirs. For more merchandise pictures visit the Disney Parks Blog.
For more information visit www.Disneyland.com/foodandwine and for latest Disneyland Resort news visit www.DisneyParksBlog.com