The Hyundai Sonata Hybrid was a dream car to drive around for a week. It is the perfect car for anyone looking for a car with great fuel management and a sleek sophisticated look.
This car has it all.
Once I got behind the wheel I knew I was in trouble, it was love at first sight. The driver’s seat has a 10-way power adjustment with lumbar adjustment and the passenger seat features at 6-way power adjustment.
They Sonata has all leather seats, the front seats are heated and ventilated while the 2nd row offers heated seating.
The 2nd row passengers also have access to air vents and a 110-power outlet.
The leather wrapped heated steering wheel is like butter in your hands and the color 4.2-inch LCD digital display is crisp, easy to read and features a hybrid technology display as well.
The safety features in the Sonata are what you would expect on many current vehicles, but the back up camera is even better. The color display is clear and gives a nice overview of the area behind the vehicle. Standard on the Sonata Hybrid is the Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross-traffic Alert, Lane Change Assist and Driver’s knee airbag.
With the Ultimate Package add-on you can get the Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Warning, and Rear Parking Assistance System.
Get a clear picture of what is up ahead of you with the advanced navigation system. With this system you are alerted of traffic hazards on your route and real-time traffic conditions thanks to SiriusXM Traffic Link. This system also features updates on sports scores, weather, stock prices and local fuel prices.
I have tested many navigation systems and this one is my favorite by far! The controls are easy to use, the voice recognition is easy to control and the 8-inch color display is easy to read.
The fuel efficiency on the Hyundai Sonata is fantastic. On average it can get 39 mpg in the City and 43 mpg on the Highway with a combined average of 41 mpg.
Comfort & Convenience
- HID Headlights & LED Daytime Running Lights
- Proximity Key Entry with Push Button Start
- Color LCD Trip Computer with Hybrid Technology Display
- Leather-Wrapped Heated Steering Wheel
- 5-Inch Color Touchscreen Audio Display
- ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution & Brake Assist
- Front, Front Side Impact, Side Curtain and Driver Knee Airbag
- Blind Spot Detection System with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Rearview Camera
- 2.0L Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) 4-Cylinder Hybrid Engine
- 270V Lithium Polymer Battery & Hybrid Starter Generator
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with SHIFTRONIC
- Combined Hybrid System Power 193 HP
See all of the features online at https://www.hyundaiusa.com
Disclosure: I was provided the opportunity to test drive the 2016 Hyundai Sonata through DriveShop for one week, no compensation was provided and all opinions are my own.